Skip to main content Skip to footer
Military Student Affairs Memorial Day celebration

Military Credit Policy

Students wishing to have their military credit evaluated will need to have an official JST sent to Saginaw Valley State University. The Office of the Registrar is responsible for all transcript evaluations.

  1. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard will need to order a Joint Service Transcript (JST). 
  2. Community College of the Air Force does not use JST.  You will need to order an official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).
  3. Request and Submit all other OFFICIAL transcripts from any institution you attended before, during, or after the military, whether it was in person, online, CONUS or OCONUS including the Air Force Community College to SVSU.
  4. Transcripts from CCAF will be evaluated as a traditional transcript.
  5. Your JST will be evaluated and credit awarded based on American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations and in consultation with SVSU policies.
    1. Direct credit will be awarded with department chair approval. 
    2. If no such direct equivalency has been previously awarded at the university, submit your transcript (with appropriate supporting materials) to the Military Credit Committee.  The Committee will assist students in working with SVSU faculty on course equivalencies.
    3. You may not use the same military credit for more than one course.
    4. JST and all other credits transferred into SVSU may be awarded for up to 62 transfer credits.  This number may vary depending on credit earned at other institutions.

For questions or concerns about military credit, please contact the Military Student Affairs at or 989-964-2462.


Office of the Registrar
Wickes 151
(989) 964-4085