Skip to main content

Tax Information for International Students

Each year students have to file U.S. government tax forms. If you earned an income in the year 2021, you may have to file Form 1040-NR or 1040NR-EZ and the tax form 8843. If you did not earn an income in 2021 you must still file tax form 8843.

Please note that the Office of International and Advanced Studies CANNOT give advice on submitting tax forms. If you have questions regarding taxes, please consult a qualified tax professional.

If you have income: Tax Form 1040-NR or 1040 NR-EZ AND Tax Form 8843
If you do not have income:Tax Form 8843