Skip to main content
Flags of countries

Driver's License or Michigan ID for International Students

International students are eligible to receive a Michigan driver’s license during their studies.

If you do not need a driver's license, but want extra identification, you can get a State of Michigan ID card.

Step 1: Gather your documents
Step 2: Study for the test
Step 3: Go to the Secretary of State office