Credit Hour Information
Credit hour policies in Music ensembles and applied lessons
- All applied lessons are for one hour (50 minutes) and assigned 1 credit per semester
- All ensembles are assigned one credit per semester
- In applied lessons, one semester hour of credit equals 14 one-hour (50-minute) lessons and a jury, plus an amount of practice judged appropriate by the instructor
- In major ensembles, one semester hour of credit equals four hours of rehearsal time plus practice time adequate for the literature
- In small ensembles, one credit hour equals 2 hours of rehearsal and 2 hours of practice a week.
Transfer students are required to audition, and applied lesson credits will be transferred accordingly. Transfer students take placement tests in Music Theory and Music History if they have taken such courses at another institution that do not automatically transfer. Music Education transfers complete a writing sample.
Credit Hour Info (30KB)