Graduate Early Childhood Endorsement
A graduate endorsement in Early Childhood (ZS) is available for teachers with an elementary certificate. This 27 credit program will provide teachers with an opportunity to gain new ideas for current best practices in teaching young children and develop skills for reaching all students. Additionally, the endorsement can lead to a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Early Childhood as all 27 credits of the endorsement fit within the 36 credit Master's Degree in Early Childhood.
- Classes are offered in an online or hybrid format. Approximately 90% of classes meet online, excluding the practicum.
- SVSU candidates have a higher pass rate on the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification in Early Childhood than state average.
- The Early Childhood program at SVSU is nationally recognized by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- SVSU faculty in the Early Childhood program are highly qualified in both Early Childhood and Special Education, and use their experience to provide an excellent combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- The Early Childhood Education degree and associated endorsement program align with the accreditation standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).