Global Diversity Award
This award recognizes the extension of Saginaw Valley State University’s impact from the Great Lakes Bay Region to the global community. This award represents the university’s highest acknowledgment of global leadership and service by SVSU faculty, staff, student groups, and other individuals associated with the campus community.
- Noteworthy and uncompensated contributions to the global community on behalf of SVSU
- Active, sustained involvement in health, community, civic, educational, business, religious, or service organizations outside of the United States
- Implementation of programs, policies, and/or procedures on behalf of SVSU in the global environment
- Advance SVSU’s diversity perspective based on color, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, economic status, political belief or marital status
Criteria for Nomination
Submit a letter of nomination that addresses how the nominee(s) demonstrated a commitment to enhancing global diversity from an SVSU perspective by describing at least three of the following:
- Accomplishments, leadership, and service in support of global enhancement
- Achievement in creating an SVSU environment supportive of global awareness
- Efforts to enhance the University community to be more understanding of diverse cultures
- Methods used to educate University leadership in areas of global diversity
- Development and implementation of global community outreach projects
A complete nomination packet must include the following:
- A nomination statement that addresses at least two of the criteria
- Two (2) letters of support not to exceed more than one (1) page each
- At least one (1) letter of support must be from someone currently employed at SVSU, e.g., administrator, faculty, or staff member
- Current vita or resume of those nominated for the "Individual" category.
- For "Team/Group" nomination, include a list of all team members and position.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Diversity at (989) 964-4068 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.