The Writing Center will be providing online tutoring (via video chat) for all students during the Fall 2020 semester.
Starting September 9, visit our Tutoring page to make an appointment.
SVSU Writing Center
What do we do here at the Writing Center?
- We provide free, individual tutorial sessions for students to help you with any writing assignment for any class. We can work with you to brainstorm ideas, organize content, integrate research, correctly document sources, or polish a final draft.
- We offer writing workshops throughout the fall and winter semesters focused on helping you learn more about APA, MLA, and academic integrity.
- We provide handouts and videos on APA, MLA, and CMS documentation, as well as other writing resources.
- We support an online writing center, where you can upload your paper and chat in real-time with a tutor about your draft.
- We hold writing contests throughout the year and produce two publications that feature writing from students, faculty, and the larger community.
- And we sponsor two community writing centers in Bay City and Saginaw, which provides free tutoring and writing workshops for any member of the community, along with a creative writing workshop in the Saginaw Correctional Facility held every fall and winter semester.
We do quite a lot here at the Writing Center—because we believe that writing matters. Come and see us!
ONLINE TUTORING available for Fall 2020 on Mondays and Tuesdays, 11 am - 8 pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11 am - 6 pm, and Sundays, 6 - 9 pm.
Fall 2020 ONLINE
September 14–December 17 (Hours TBD)
Director, Helen Raica-Klotz