Field Confirmation Requirements
Before you begin the Field Confirmation process, please review the Field Entrance Requirements listed below, these requirements must be completed before Fall Semester of your Senior Year:
- Acceptance into the Social Work Major
- 2.5 GPA
- Completion of at least 100 credit hours before Fall Semester of your Senior Year
- Declare a Minor or Dual Major to the Registrar
- General Education Requirements Completed before entering Fall semester
- Any Certifications, including the Child Welfare Certificate or Juvenile Delinquency Certificate, declared the Registrar.
** There are no exceptions for any of the above listed entrance requirements.
If you have met the requirements listed above, please prepare for the Field Confirmation process by gathering the following documentation/information. Review the application to ensure the information is correct and the degree audit is uploaded correctly. Once you have reviewed the application, click the submission button.
- A Course plan, specifying any Spring or Summer classes required to complete the following:
- General Education Requirements
- Social Work Electives
- Minor/ Dual Major Course Requirements
- Social Work Major courses, not including Senior Year
- Current Degree Audit, including the following:
- Final Grades from Fall Semester, with Winter courses In Progress
- Minor/ Dual Major visible on audit
- Any intended Certifications visible on audit
- Download and save degree audit from Cardinal Direct (instructions for saving and uploading are listed below)
Instructions for saving and uploading a degree audit from Cardinal Direct and other important documents:
- Go to svsu.edu , click on ‘My SVSU’ at top of page
- Scroll down to ‘Self Service (Cardinal Direct)’ on left side of page below the Applications bar, click on ‘Students’
- Click on ‘My Academic Profile’, then click on ‘Degree Audit’
- Select the circle next to your academic program and press 'Submit'
- Highlight the entire document then right-click and select 'copy'
- Paste into a Microsoft Word Document and select the 'Keep Source Formatting' option (the icon that includes the paintbrush
- Select the 'Page Layout' tab at the top of the screen
- Select the 'Orientation' drop-down and select 'Landscape'
- Select 'File' then 'Save As'
- Select the location where you would like to save this document (i.e. 'Documents', 'My Computer)
- Name the file. Use your lastname.firstname.audit.pdf as the name of your document. (For example Mercier.Lucy.audit.pdf)
- Under 'File Name' there is a row called 'Save as Type' select PDF
- Click Save
Weblink for the Field Confirmation application: