Welcome to the Social Work Department!
Please review the information below to learn about application requirements to the Social Work Major and Field Confirmation.
Application to the Social Work Major is for students that meet the following criteria:
Before you begin the admissions process, please review the Admissions Requirements listed below:
- 2.50 GPA
- Completion of SW 215 or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of 40 hours of volunteer work in a human service organization (normally part of the course requirements for SW 215)
- Completion of 40 credits
- Completion of all Basic Skills requirements.
** There are no exceptions for any of the above listed admissions requirements.
Download the Bachelor of Social Work Policy Manual (691KB)
Application to Field Confirmation is for students that meet the following criteria:
Before you begin the Field Confirmation process, please review the Field Entrance Requirements listed below, these requirements must be completed before Fall Semester of your Senior Year:
- Acceptance into the Social Work Major
- 2.5 GPA
- Completion of at least 100 credit hours before Fall Semester of your Senior Year
- Declare a Minor or Dual Major to the Registrar
- General Education Requirements Completed before entering Fall semester
- Any Certifications, including the Child Welfare Certificate or Juvenile Delinquency Certificate, declared the Registrar.
** There are no exceptions for any of the above listed entrance requirements.