Skip to main content Skip to footer
SVSU logo on a blue tessellated background with

How to Apply for Educational Benefits

collage featuring American flag and students forming the letters All applications can be found at the GI Bill® Education Forms website.

IMPORTANT: Please retain a copy for your SVSU file.

  • Chapters 30, 33, & 1606 -Choose form number 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits)
  • Chapter 35 - Choose form number 22-5490 (Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance)
  • Chapter 31 - Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at (800) 827-1000

Transfer Students

If you are transferring either to or from SVSU and are already receiving your benefits, you need to fill out a Change of Program or Place of Training form, (22-1995 for Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 recipients) (22-5495 for Chapter 35 recipients).

Contact Us
(989) 964-2462(989) 964-2462
(989) 964-6095


Curtiss 121


Office M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM or by appt.