Skip to main content Skip to footer

Active Duty Benefit Information

Tuition Assistance

The Tuition Assistance (TA) program pays the cost of tuition and some additional fees. Nearly all active duty military service members are eligible for TA. However, each service branch determines eligibility criteria that often reduce access. Tuition Assistance covers up to 100% Tuition and Fees, not to exceed $250.00 per semester credit hour or $4500.00 per fiscal year. All Active Duty Service Members (including Guard and Reserve) must contact their Education Service Officer (ESO) or Education Counselor within your branch of service prior to enrolling in any college or university.

Tuition Assistance Application Procedures for Military Services:


Marine Corps


Air Force

Coast Guard

Michigan National Guard:


In-State Tuition

GOOD NEWS about tuition! Regardless of where you are from, if you are a member of the armed forces, you will receive in-state tuition. This also applies to your spouse and dependent children. You will receive in-state tuition as long as you remain continuously enrolled, even if you move out of state.


Transferability of Benefits

FAMILIES TOO!  If you are actively serving as of 1 August 2009 and are a career service member, you can give all or part of your benefits to one person or divide them among your family members, whichever works best for you. Before your family can apply to VA, you must first process your transfer application online with DoD. The transferability application requires Internet Explorer.

Contact Us
(989) 964-2462(989) 964-2462
(989) 964-6095


Curtiss 121


Office M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM or by appt.