Assured Admissions for Michigan Residents
Saginaw Valley State University proudly participates in the Michigan Assured Admission Pact (MAAP) alongside nine other public universities. MAAP's mission is to simplify the college admission process, providing students with a clear and consistent path to higher education. With uniform admission standards shared among MAAP institutions, including SVSU, we're here to make your journey to college straightforward and stress-free. Trust in SVSU and MAAP universities to support you as you take the important steps towards your higher education goals.
What is MAAP?
The Michigan Assured Admission Pact (MAAP)'s ten participating universities are committed to:
- Increasing awareness of high-quality educational opportunities
- Demystify the admission process
- Admitting all Michigan high school graduates who earned a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or above
- #1 ranked dorms in the nation AND the #1 campus in Michigan!
- Modern suburban campus located in the heart of the Great Lakes Bay Region
- 97% of graduates employed or in graduate school
- 20:1 student-to-faculty ratio
SVSU offers an expansive range of over 100 programs and our students outperform competition from leading private and public universities across the country!
Who is Eligible?
Any student is eligible to apply if they:
- Will graduate from a Michigan high school
- Will graduate with a 3.0 or above GPA (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Will be applying for the first fall semester following their high school graduation
Is Financial Aid Available?
At SVSU, we want everyone to obtain a first-class college education, regardless of income. Last year, nearly half of SVSU freshmen had their entire tuition paid for by scholarships and grants that never have to be repaid.
How Do I Apply FOR FREE?
At SVSU, we champion our Cardinals' ambitions. SVSU has no application fee so submit your application for admission today! Explore all SVSU offers to tailor your journey. Join us to unleash your potential. Apply now and ignite your success at Saginaw Valley State University.
Who Can I Contact?
Our team of Admissions Representatives is here to answer any questions you might have about SVSU. Please feel free to call or text us at (989) 342-1033 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in the admissions process or would like more information sent to you. Or feel free to stop by our admissions office on a tour!