Step One: Register With the Office of Accessibility Resources and Accommodations
- The ARA uses a system called AIMS which can be accessed at the bottom and top of any of our web pages via svsu.edu/access.
- At this page, students can access AIMs by clicking on the buttons at the top or bottom of the page that reads AIMs. Once there, at the center of the page, there is a link for "New Students." Click this link to complete the application then hit "Submit."
Step Two: Collect Documentation From Health Care Provider
- Deliver the appropriate ARA provided form for completion to the health provider.
- All documentation provided must be from a licensed diagnostician or physician and must be completed by the diagnosing health care provider(s).
- Each provider must state: The diagnosis, diagnostic code and course of treatment, the nature and severity of the student’s functional limitations, the appropriate scores and tests administered (if applicable) and the substantiation of the need for specific accommodations.
- The healthcare provider can fax the forms to (989) 964-7164. If there is additional information, please ask the healthcare provider to include this in their fax.