SVSU's Mission: We transform lives through educational excellence and dynamic partnerships, unleashing possiblities for impact in our community and worldwide.
Student Affairs Unit Mission Statement: Student Affairs creates learning experiences for all students that supports their academic, social, and personal development.
SVSU's Vision: We will be renowned for our innovative teaching, experiential learning, and state of the art facilities and be the first choice for those striving for personal and professional success.
Student Affairs Unit Vision Statement: We create experiences that empower, support, and serve all students.
SVSU's Core Values:
- Passion for academic exploration and achievement
- Supportive environments focused on student success
- Diversity and inclusivity
- High standards for ethical behavior and financial stewardship
- A sage, friendly, and respectful campus climate
- Community engagement
Student Affairs Unity Values:
- Active Learning
Student Affairs Unit Priorities
- Prioritize effective communication processes that facilitate and optimize organizational performance.
- Foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are embedded in our culture and campus climate as a value.
- Enhance experiential leraning opportunities that promote positive student growth and retention.
- Promote a culture of assessment and accountablity where Student Affairs uses relevant assessment tools and strategies to communicate the value and impact of student affairs programs and services on student success.
- Establish and invest in culture in which the personal and professional talents of professional staff members are valued and maximized.
- Nurtre and sustain partnerships that foster involvement, engagement, and learning.