Master of Education - Principalship
- Submitted application to include the non-refundable Application Fee and the following:
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts from any college or university where college credit was earned, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A copy of most recent teaching certificate or departmental approval. If you need to obtain a copy of your (current or expired) teaching certificate to submit with your application, you may retrieve a copy though the Michigan Department of Education Certification site.
Applicants who have just completed a teacher preparation program at another institution and are in the process of being recommended for a teaching certificate must include a letter from the recommending institution in the application packet confirming the candidate has completed all requirements for certification and will be recommended for a teaching certificate.
Please Note: A felony or misdemeanor conviction may affect a student's admission to SVSU College of Education's programs, ability to attain state certification or employment. Refer to SVSU Course Catalog for further details.
Request official transcripts be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Saginaw Valley State University
230 Wickes Hall
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710
International Students must provide the following in addition to the requirements already listed above:
- A score of 550 (213 computer-based; 79 internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS) for applicants whose native language is not English or successful completion of SVSU’s English Language Program (ELP)
- Evidence of financial support
Questions regarding your application or the application process can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org