YOU CAN GET AN MPH
✓ Lowest MPH tuition in Michigan
✓ Engaged faculty and relevant curriculum
✓ Earn your degree online in 2 years
Master of Public Health (MPH) Degree Admission Requirements
- Completed Application for graduate admission to the MPH Program.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with minimum grades of ‘C’.
- Statement of intent - Include a statement of professional interest and related goals in public health not to exceed 1000 words in length. This statement of professional interest must include the following:
- Preparation and background for the MPH program
- Career goals in public health
- Basic reasons for choosing a career in public health
- Special qualities and talents that would enhance success in your public health career
- Research interests
- Professional interests
- Reasons for applying to Saginaw Valley State University’s MPH program
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from educators or employers. The letter of recommendation is waived if the student is a graduate of SVSU’s Bachelor’s of Public Health Program.
Admissions decisions will be made by the program coordinator.
International students must also provide:
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. The Program accepts a score of 92 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL-IBT), 7.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a passing score on an alternative test as determined by the College.
- Evidence of Financial Support
Wickes Hall 230
Christine L. Noller, JD, LLM
Graduate Admissions Coordinator