The OGE develops and coordinates the following programs:
- International and domestic study abroad programs: The OGE coordinates study abroad programming for students in all five colleges at SVSU. For faculty-led study abroad programs, we are the primary support office for these trips. We also offer programs through sister schools, third-party program providers, and non-credit international experiences.
- Inbound study abroad programs for international students: We offer customized short-term study abroad programs for international students from our sister institutions. These programs operate on our campus and are taught by SVSU faculty and staff. The content of the programs varies from summer art and business programs to student teacher exchange programs. The OGE manages all activities from classroom instruction to airport pickup and field trips to cultural sites.
- Faculty exchange programs: We manage ongoing and ad-hoc faculty exchange programs. These include outbound programs for SVSU faculty who are interested in teaching, conducting research, or engaging in other activities abroad. We also assist incoming faculty with visa paperwork, arranging housing, and arranging activities during their visits to SVSU.
- University to University partnerships: The OGE is responsible for identifying, negotiating, and managing programs operated with our sister institutions abroad. This includes dual degree programs, articulation agreements, student and faculty exchange programs, and program development.
- Ming Chuan University partnership: The OGE operates as the primary liaison between SVSU and Ming Chuan University (MCU), a US accredited Taiwanese university with a branch campus located in Gilbertson Hall. MCU and SVSU have two dual degree graduate programs, Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language and Communications and Media Administration.