Student Support Resources
If you have recently experienced a traumatic event, you may be feeling a number of emotions. You may feel sad, upset, afraid, angry or alone. You may have trouble concentrating, or feel overwhelmed by your emotions. All of these feelings are normal reactions. What’s important to remember at this difficult time is that there are steps you can take to seek support for yourself and find help.
View Student Support Resources View Employee Support Resources
Student Support Resources
Student Counseling Center
The SVSU Counseling Center has expanded its hours and services and is available for students who would like to receive grief support. Individual appointments can be scheduled by calling (989) 964-7078 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Child & Family Services of Sagina
Child & Family Services of Saginaw is offering free tele-health grief support for students so please call (989) 790-7500 and mention you are an SVSU student.
List Psychological is offering free grief support for students so please call (989) 790-3130 and mention you are an SVSU student.
Residential Students Support
You can reach an RA
on duty Monday - Thursday 4:30 p.m. to 8 a.m., and Friday 4:30 p.m. to Monday 8 a.m.
- FYS/MJB: (989) 964-2988
- LCS/LCSW: (989) 964-2986
- UVE/UVW: (989) 964-2984
- PG: (989) 964-2985
You can reach out to your RD as well:
Text Support Available
Faculty from SVSU’s Department of Social Work and Youth Services are available for text support to students. Text support will be available from licensed social work therapists.
Cathy Macomber (989) 295-1894
Chris Fike (989) 207-3055
Kim Johnson (678) 477-6823
Lucy Mercier (810) 845-7015
Matt Mitchell (989) 598-4560
Teresa Beadlescomb (734) 489-1025
Employee Support Resources
The Life Advisor EAP is a university-funded benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address any personal or work-related challenges and/or concerns that may affect your personal well-being and/or work performance. It is confidential and free to all faculty and staff as well as their eligible family members, including spouses/partners and dependent children.
Life Advisor EAP Benefits:
- 24/7 access to Life Advisor Consultants
- Solution-focused, short-term, in-person or virtual counseling with licensed professional counselors for issues such as relationship and family concerns, grief/loss, stress, anxiety and depression, substance abuse and overwhelming emotions.
- Coaching Services for support and motivation to achieve a work-life goal such as professional development, continuing education, job coaching, career transition, conflict resolution, healthy habits and self-improvement goals.
- Eldercare or childcare referrals
- Financial or legal referrals
- Working Advantage Discount Program for access to discounts on hundreds of offers on hotels, events, attractions, products and more.
For more information, visit www.lifeadvisorEAP.com
To access services, including 24/7 crisis assistance, call 1-800-448-8326.
SVSU Student Counseling Center
Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority
24-Hour Crisis Hotline
Employee & Student Assistance Program