The Cardinal Food Pantry is available to any current SVSU student. All that is required is an SVSU student ID.
The mission of the Cardinal Food Pantry is to provide students with free, safe, and healthy food while educating the campus community about available social services and the impact of food insecurity on campus and the surrounding communities.
Please click the DONATE buttons above to make a donation to the Cardinal Food Pantry. When you are on the donation form, please choose your desired amount and note "Attn: Cardinal Food Pantry". THANK YOU for your kind contribution.
Donations of non-perishable food and personal care items are encouraged. If you have items, please call (989) 964-4410 to make arrangements for dropping them off to the Food Pantry in Student Life.
The Cardinal Food Pantry accepts donations of non-perishable food items, toiletries/personal care/hygiene items, and refrigerated and frozen food items. We cannot accept expired items, food containing alcohol, or homemade food items.
High Demand Items:
· Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
· Freezer foods (microwaveable meals, sides, etc.)
· Refrigerated foods (milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, etc.)
· Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressings, pasta sauces, jelly, etc.)
· Pasta (plain dry spaghetti, macaroni, mac and cheese, etc.)
· Ramen (chicken, beef, other flavors)
· Canned fruit/ fruit cups (oranges, pears, peaches etc.)
· Breakfast items (instant oatmeal, cereal, pancake mix, syrup)
· Toiletries/hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soaps)
· Gluten free/vegetarian/vegan options
Student Center 101
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM