The Mechanical Engineering (ME) program at Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
- The SVSU ME graduates will successfully practice mechanical engineering to the standards of the profession in industries such as automotive, manufacturing, power generation, chemical, etc. in the private sector or US government.
- Graduates who choose to advance their knowledge via post graduate education will be able to gain admission to graduate programs and successfully complete these programs.
- Graduates will attain leadership positions that positively impact communities.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Current Assessment Data
||Percent achieving 70% or better