The Saginaw Valley State University Board of Control approved granting an easement and right of way to the City of Saginaw during the Board’s regular meeting Monday, Oct. 24 to allow an important water project to move forward. The City of Saginaw will be replacing primary water pipelines in the area of SVSU’s campus in conjunction with anticipated road construction on Davis Road.
In other action, the Board:
• Granted emeritus status to Napoleon Lewis Sr. Lewis worked for SVSU from 1971 to 1989 in the departments of Public Safety and Athletics.
• Granted emeritus status to Shiv Arora, a recently retired professor of management and marketing.
• Appointed Heather Duggan to the Marshall M. Federicks Sculpture Museum board of directors.
• Appointed Victor Aviles to the Marshall M. Federicks Sculpture Museum board of directors.
• Passed a resolution to receive and accept the annual financial audit and federal awards audit for the 2016 fiscal year.
• Approved SVSU’s capital outlay request for fiscal year 2018.