Become a Tutor
The Writing Center is currently accepting applications for undergraduate student tutors.
Writing Center Tutor
- Provide support for writing to SVSU students
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct individual writing consultations with students from all backgrounds and disciplines to develop these students' writing skills
- Complete a paid training program and attend regular staff meetings
- Interest in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Current enrollment as an SVSU student, with a minimum of 3.4 G.P.A.
- Completion of two semesters (sophomore status) at SVSU, with at least two semesters remaining at the university
- Good starting pay (above minimum wage)
- Guaranteed regular hours, varying between 4-15 hours per week
- Ability to retain job each semester and set own work schedule
- Ability to work remotely and/or in-person
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- SVSU Writing Center, Zahnow 250 and/or remotely (online)
- suggested 8 hours per week, paid position
Ready to apply? Follow the link below and get started!
Dr. Bill De Herder, Director