Prospective students and transfer students interested in attending SVSU and completing a business degree program must first be admitted to the university. You can apply for university admission online here!
Current SVSU students must apply and be accepted into the Scott L. Carmona College of Business (CCB) prior to enrollment in 300-400 level courses. Application forms are available through the Office of the Dean. Admission decisions ordinarily are made within one week and applicants are notified by email of the actions taken by the admissions committee. You may also apply online or print a copy of the Application to the Carmona College of Business (233KB) .
The following criteria must be successfully completed (not in progress) prior to filing an admission application with the College of Business:
1. All Basic Skills requirements: [SVSU catalog]
2. MATH 145 - Finite Math (formerly MATH 120B) or MATH 161 - Calculus I
3. Two of Three remaining business cognate courses (see below)
4. Four of five 200-level business core courses (see below)
5. Demonstrated competency in writing. Ordinarily, satisfactory evidence of this competency will be demonstrated by successful completion (grade of "C" or better) of ENGL 111 and ENGL 212. Applicants seeking to waive these courses by examination must contact the Academic Advisement Center.
6. A minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average is required for admission.
The College of Business welcomes transfer students. Courses from accredited four-year institutions are accepted as equivalent to Saginaw Valley State University if the grades are “C” or better. Transfer students must complete at least 50 percent of the business credits, which normally is interpreted as approximately 30 credits, at SVSU. Reasonable exceptions to this rule will be approved by the Dean in consultation with the appropriate department chairperson.
Students holding appropriate associate degrees or courses from community colleges are admitted in the same manner as SVSU students, except that writing and quantitative tests may be required. Transfer students should contact the Office of Admissions to obtain admission to SVSU before applying to the College of Business. The SVSU Registrar's Office may also assist with questions.