Skip to main content Skip to footer

Return to Policies

Emergency Transportation 4.2-1


Public Safety
Authorizing Body:
Executive Vice President for Administration & Business Affairs – EVP-ABA
Responsible Department:
University Police
Applies To:
{{ appliesTo }}
Adopted Date:
Revised Date:
Print Policy


In the event of a medical emergency which requires transportation of an individual to a hospital, the following procedures should be followed.


  1. Contact University Police through Saginaw County's 911 system by dialing 911 from any telephone.
  2. Advise the individual in need of medical attention that you have summoned help and stay with the individual until a University Police officer arrives. Remember, do not move the individual if a back or neck injury is indicated.

Administrative/Professional (A/P) staff of the Office of Housing and Residential Life may transport an on-campus resident to the hospital if requested by the resident. The injury or illness must not be life-threatening. As an employee of the University, any liability that may occur during the transportation of an individual to the hospital will be covered by SVSU. The staff member will be reimbursed for mileage expenses.

For serious cases (e.g., profuse bleeding, impaired breathing, drug overdose, poisoning, back injury or head injury), call 911 and request an ambulance.