How to Apply - Canadian Applicants
High School (Secondary School) Graduates/Students:
- Arrange to have your official high school transcript (if no post-secondary diploma or degree has been attained) sent directly to the SVSU Office of Admissions, ATTN: Canadian Liaison.
- Students with a 70% average or above are eligible for admission.
- Averages based on entire transcript from Grades 9-12.
- Application may be made after completion of Grade 11. (Be sure to have your official transcript re-sent to SVSU once your high school diploma and date of graduation have been posted.)
- Canadian students may be accepted after Grade 12 upon completion of their Secondary School Diploma such as the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) is required if a student plans to participate in varsity athletics or to qualify for additional academic scholarships other than the Saginaw Valley Red & White Award.
- Arrange to have an official transcript from each college or university attended sent directly to the SVSU Office of Admissions, ATTN: Canadian Liaison. (Be sure to have your official transcript/s re-sent to SVSU once any final semester grades have been posted.)
- If no post-secondary diploma or degree has been achieved, also provide at least a photocopy of secondary school (high school) diploma or transcripts. Transcripts are preferred and, depending upon the individual applicant's academic credentials, may be required.
- Applicant will be notified if additional test scores are needed.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) is required if a student plans to qualify for additional academic scholarships other than the Saginaw Valley Red & White Award.
Student applications for University admission are considered individually. Admission to SVSU is based on academic preparation and demonstrated ability. After your application, transcripts, and supporting documents are received, you will be notified regarding admission.
Complete the CANADIAN Student Application with pen/typewriter using our printable paper application. A one-time non-refundable application fee of $30.00 US (bank draft in US funds from a US funds account) payable to SVSU must accompany application. Include applicant's name in memo area on check.