- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited college or University with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 point scale
- Employed as a Registered Nurse with a current Michigan license by the start of the program.
- A completed graduate application with the non-refundable application fee to include:
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Detailed curriculum vitae or résumé with current job title and description, employment history, education, scholarship, service and professional involvement.
- Three completed Graduate Recommendation Forms from a previous faculty member, supervisor and professional colleague. One must be from a doctorally prepared academician.
- College chemistry with a grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher, 3 credit course, general, organic or biochemistry.
- College statistics course with a grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher equivalent to approved SVSU courses.
- An essay goal statement of 1000-1250 words with literature support and at least four scholarly references in APA format:
- Provide your reason(s) for pursuing a DNP practice degree.
- Identify your professional plans and career goals.
- Include your area(s) of clinical interest for the doctoral project.
- Explain why you chose to apply to the program at SVSU.
- Explain your understanding of the DNP degree and the purpose of a practice doctorate degree.
You may wish to refer to “The Doctor of Nursing Practice: Current Issues and Clarifying Recommendations, Report from the Task Force on the Implementation of the DNP," August 2015, American Association of the Colleges of Nursing.
- Interview for successfully screened applicants. It may be conducted by video-call.
Please complete the (276kB) including the non-refundable Application Fee, to include all items listed above, as well as provide:
- An academic report by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (www.cgfns.org)
- A score of 92 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), 580 Paper-based TOEFL (PBT), or an IELTS score of 7.0 in each skill area
- Evidence of financial support (original bank statement)
- Copy of passport name page