Quarantine Guidelines for Residential Students
For those who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have experienced significant exposure to COVID-19
- If you have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19, call the Covenant Health Hotline (989-583-3568 or 989-583-3135, Press 1) right away for further instructions.
- If you have received a positive test results from any lab except for Covenant MedExpress on Pierce Road, you must report your test result to email@example.com.
- Do not attend class in person and be sure to notify your professors that you will be in isolation. You should also notify your on-campus supervisors, if applicable.
- Residential Life staff will contact you to review your Advanced Plan. If your Advanced Plan includes a permanent residence, you must quarantine at that location, with the exception of students living by themselves in a one-person unit.
- If you must wait for transportation to your permanent residence for isolation, you must isolate in your own room. Wear a mask and do not interact with your roommates. If you must wait for transportation overnight, you will be placed in an isolation unit until your transportation arrives. Remember to wear a mask and leave the windows down when traveling home with another person.
- If you must isolate on campus, because a permanent residence is not an option per your Advanced Plan, you will be temporarily assigned to an isolation unit until you are cleared to exit isolation. You will turn in your normally-assigned room key during isolation.
- Residential Life staff will unlock your temporary isolation unit and place a supply box inside the unit. They will observe your entry into the unit. You will be provided with:
- Linen pack
- Toilet paper
- Cleaning supplies
- Basic toiletries, light snacks
- Dining Services menu
- Arrangements will be made for mail delivery, trash removal, and meal and supply delivery. A member of the Residential Life staff will contact you each day for a check in.
- Your isolation will end when all of the following conditions have been met:
- It has been 10-14 days since you have received your positive test or since the date of exposure
- You have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication
- Other symptoms have subsided (cough, shortness of breath, vomiting/diarrhea, etc.)
- You will receive a letter from Dr. Sidney Childs, dean of students, regarding the Code of Student Conduct. It will outline the serious consequences of violating quarantine.
- A trained SVSU contact tracer will check in with you daily during quarantine. If you are isolated on campus, you will receive this daily contact from a member of the Residential Life staff.
- When isolation is complete and your roommates are out of quarantine, you will return to your original housing assignment. You must receive written permission to leave isolation from SVSU Contact Tracers or the Covenant Health Hotline.
During the entirety of your 10-14 day isolation, you must not to leave your isolation unit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any health-related concerns; questions and concerns related to isolation on campus can be directed to 989-964-2987 or email@example.com.
This document is subject to revision as CDC guidance and/or SVSU policies and procedures are updated.
NEST Info Line