Quarantine Guidelines for Off-Campus Students
For non-residential students who have tested positive or have experienced significant exposure to COVID-19
- If you have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19, call the Covenant Health Hotline (989-583-3568 or 989-583-3135, Press 1) right away for further instructions.
- If you have received a positive test results from any lab except for Covenant MedExpress on Pierce Road, you must report your test result to email@example.com. You must also contact your instructors and your on-campus supervisors, if applicable, to inform them of your quarantine/isolation status.
- Quarantine at your permanent residence (“back home”), if possible.
- Travel to that residence alone if you can; but if you travel to your permanent residence with another individual, keep your masks on and roll down the windows in the vehicle.
- If you must stay in your Saginaw-area apartment, isolate in your bedroom and maintain distance between yourself and your roommate(s) as much as possible, and use a separate bathroom.
- For CDC guidance on isolating at home and for more important tips, click here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/isolation.html.
- Utilize grocery delivery to your apartment while you are in quarantine. Services include: Shipt, Instacart or Meijer; Meijer delivers without creating a paid account.
- Your quarantine will end when all of the following conditions have been met:
- It has been 10-14 days since you have received your positive test or since the date of exposure.
- You have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Other symptoms have subsided (i.e., cough, shortness of breath, vomiting/diarrhea, etc.).
- You will receive a letter from Dr. Sidney Childs, dean of students, regarding the Code of Student Conduct. It will outline the serious consequences of violating quarantine.
- A trained SVSU contact tracer will check in with you daily during quarantine.
- When quarantine is complete, you will return to your off-campus housing and/or to face-to-face activities as normal with clearance from SVSU Contact Tracers and the Covenant Health Hotline..
During the entirety of your 10-14 day isolation, you must not leave your quarantine space.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any health-related concerns; other questions and concerns can be directed to the NEST Info Line: 989-964-2110.
This document is subject to revision as CDC guidance and/or SVSU policies and procedures are updated.
NEST Info Line