Quarantine Guidelines for Off-Campus Students Who Have Tested Negative But Have COVID-19 Symptoms
- If you have tested negative, but have symptoms that are most likely due to COVID-19, such as shortness of breath or a loss of taste or smell, you must continue to quarantine.
- If you have received a negative test result from any lab except for Covenant MedExpress on Pierce Road or Michigan Health Labs, you must report your test result to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not attend class in person. Notify your professors that you will be in quarantine. You must also notify your supervisors both on and off campus.
- Quarantine at your permanent residence (“back home”) if possible.
- Travel to your permanent residence alone if you can; if you travel to your permanent residence with another individual, keep your masks on for the duration of your trip.
- If you must stay in your Saginaw-area residence, isolate in your bedroom, stay away from others including your roommates, and use a separate bathroom. Sanitize commonly-touched surfaces frequently.
- Please visit the following link to review CDC guidance on isolating at home: https:// www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/isolation.html.
- Utilize grocery delivery to your apartment while you are in quarantine. Services include: Shipt, Instacart or Meijer; Meijer delivers without the creation of a paid account.
- Your quarantine will end when all of the following conditions have been met and with clearance from SVSU Contact Tracers:
a. It has been 10 days since the onset of symptoms.
b. You have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
c. Other symptoms have subsided (i.e., cough, shortness of breath, vomiting/diarrhea, etc.).
- You will receive a letter from Dr. Marie J. Rabideau, Interim Associate Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, regarding the Code of Student Conduct. It will outline the serious consequences of violating quarantine.
- A trained SVSU contact tracer will check in with you daily during quarantine.
- When quarantine is complete, you will return to your off-campus housing and/or to face-to-face activities as normal.
During your entire quarantine period, you must not to leave your quarantine space.
You must monitor your symptoms while in quarantine and notify email@example.com and the Covenant Health Hotline if symptoms worsen. Call 9-1-1 in a health emergency.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any health-related concerns; other questions and concerns can be directed to the NEST Info Line: 989-964-2110 (Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Sat.-Sun. 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
The Covenant Health Hotline is available Mon.-Sat. from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sun. 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Date: October 13, 2020
This document is subject to revision as CDC guidance and/or SVSU policies and procedures are updated.
NEST Info Line