SVSU to Require Vaccination or Testing for Unvaccinated
Since the fall semester began, we have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to caring about one another and the overall health and safety of our campus community, just as we have throughout the past semesters.
Testing Requirements for Unvaccinated
COVID-19 case numbers have been declining throughout Michigan and among our campus community. Our contact tracing team continues to find no evidence of transmission in classroom and lab settings. Our on-campus testing for unvaccinated individuals has recorded zero positive cases over the past 7 days. We have seen a dramatic drop in COVID-19 detected in our on-campus wastewater testing, as well.
Effective February 14, 2022
- We will continue to offer on-campus COVID-19 testing to all members of the campus community, and we continue to strongly encourage testing for unvaccinated individuals, but it will no longer be required.
- Testing requirements will remain in effect where necessary, such as for NCAA student-athletes and Athletics staff, students with clinical placements, and the like.
- SVSU is providing antigen testing on campus. ONLY Individuals with positive test results will be notified.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, please call the Covenant hotline and alert our NEST team.
- Students who are vaccinated should upload a copy of their vaccination card. If you already uploaded your proof of vaccination, no further action is required.
- Students who are not vaccinated must complete an online registration by Friday, Sept. 3, 2021.
- Students who are fully remote for the winter semester are exempt from these requirements.
- Faculty and staff who are vaccinated should upload a copy of their vaccination card. If you already uploaded your proof of vaccination, no further action is required.
- Faculty and staff who are not vaccinated must complete an online registration by Friday, Sept. 3, 2021.
- Faculty and staff who are fully remote for the winter semester are exempt from these requirements.
- Faculty and staff who have not completed the online registration will be contacted by Human Resources and/or their supervisor
- Employees who do not follow these requirements will be subject to progressive disciplinary action, and it could impact their employment, in accordance with employee policies and collective bargaining agreements.
NEST Info Line