The Saginaw County Health Department has updated its guidance for the quarantine period for individuals who test positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to COVID-19. We are revising our policies and procedures accordingly, effective Monday, Jan. 10.
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- You must isolate for at least 5 days and notify email@example.com. If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving (no fever for 24 hours) after 5 days, you may return to campus -- upon receiving notice from SVSU’s contact tracing team -- and adhere to strict mask usage for an additional 5 days.
If you are exposed to COVID-19, you should continue to strictly mask, but you do not need to quarantine if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have received a booster shot
- Received your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines within the past 5 months
- Received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine within the past 2 months
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days
If you are exposed to COVID-19 and do not meet the above criteria:
- You must quarantine for at least 5 days.
- If you develop symptoms, call the Covenant Hotline at 989-583-3568.
- If you do not develop symptoms, you may return to campus -- upon receiving notice from SVSU’s contact tracing team -- and continue to follow SVSU’s mask requirements.
NEST Info Line