Best Wellness Practices for Isolation
- Identify 2-3 people to serve as your support system. Call or text them and let them know of your situation and how they can best support you through the next 10 or 14 days.
- If you were tested outside of SVSU, please email your information and test results to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will speed up a contact tracer being assigned to you.
- Our goal is to get you assigned to a contact tracer within Day 1 or Day 2 from being tested. If you have immediate questions before then please go to https://www.svsu.edu/nestplan/ or call the NEST information line at (989) 964- 2110.
- Be entirely honest with your contact tracer. He or she is committed to help you with anything that you need. We have food, basic hygiene products, resources, and counseling services free to you. If you live off campus, we can have groceries and supplies delivered to you. All you have to do is ask!
- It is your responsibility to contact your professors to let them know that you are in quarantine/isolation and cannot attend face to face class. Your contact tracer is there to assist you in ensuring any documentation your professor needs regarding your absence will be provided.
- Your mental health is a major priority. Any symptoms of anxiety, depression, loneliness should be told to your contact tracer and/or call (989) 964-7078 or email the office at: email@example.com. You are not alone.
- If you live on campus, a Mindfulness care package (games, resources) will be delivered to your door by an SVSU NEST Ambassador. If you haven’t received one by Day 2, please inform your contact tracer.
- Ask your contact tracer for electronic resources to send to you. We have a symptom tracker document, mindfulness flyer with QR code that updates daily, quarantine essentials supply list, and a quarantine/isolation schedule to track your dates. You will find these tools to help keep you organized and your mind busy.
- Relax, listen to music, perform daily light exercise, eat regularly, be kind and gracious to yourself.
NEST Info Line