“New Expectations for a Safer TODAY” — NEST
In response to potential COVID-19 disruptions, SVSU developed the Cardinal NEST Plan, which offers us the flexibility to adapt to changing demands for your health and safety — today and tomorrow, in classrooms and dining halls, and among friends and faculty alike.
Report Your Vaccination or Testing Status
Saginaw Valley State University requires every member of the campus community to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
Weekly COVID-19 Testing for Unvaccinated Students, Faculty and Staff
COVID-19 & FLU Vaccination Clinics for Students, Faculty and Staff
Stay updated on the latest NEST information by using our NEST App (offered through Guidebook).
Access NEST information, links and resources in one convenient location!
- COVID-19 vaccination and testing events on campus
- schedule your appointment for testing
- contact the Covenant hotline
- contact information for mental health assistance
- upload your vaccination information
Download the App
SVSU to Require Vaccination or Weekly Testing for Unvaccinated
We have worked together throughout the past 18 months to prioritize the health and welfare of our entire campus community. Thank you to all of our students, faculty and staff who have worked with us to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Testing Requirements for Unvaccinated
- Beginning the week of September 6, all faculty, staff and students who are not vaccinated must be tested weekly for COVID-19.
- Testing will be available on campus 6 days per week starting September 7.
- SVSU will cover the cost for testing on campus through Saturday, Oct. 9.
- Students who are vaccinated should upload a copy of their vaccination card. If you already uploaded your proof of vaccination, no further action is required.
- Students who are not vaccinated must complete an online registration by Friday, Sept. 3.
- Students who are fully remote for the fall semester are exempt from these requirements.
- Faculty and staff who are vaccinated should upload a copy of their vaccination card. If you already uploaded your proof of vaccination, no further action is required.
- Faculty and staff who are not vaccinated must complete an online registration by Friday, Sept. 3.
- Faculty and staff who are fully remote for the fall semester are exempt from these requirements.
- Employees who do not follow these requirements will be subject to progressive disciplinary action, and it could impact their employment, in accordance with employee policies and collective bargaining agreements.
Effective Monday, August 16
Masks will now be required to be worn indoors in all buildings by faculty, staff, students and visitors regardless of vaccination status with the following exceptions:
- Fully vaccinated individuals may gather without masks in enclosed spaces, such as an office or conference room, in groups of up to 5 fully vaccinated people.
- Fully vaccinated individuals may remove their masks in common areas when they are alone, at least 6 feet from others, including when actively eating or drinking.
These temporary measures are in effect until further notice. It follows the medical guidance we have received, as the incidence of COVID-19 is on the rise in our surrounding community and the Delta variant is more easily transmitted.
Dr. Deibel Discusses Mask and Vaccinations
Dr. Matthew Deibel of Covenant HealthCare joined us for a Zoom interview to discuss a number of timely topics related to the COVID-19 Delta variant, mask wearing, vaccination and changing medical guidance.
Call the NEST Info Line:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SVSU students, this is Your SHOT to Win BIG!
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 could pay off with “Your Shot to Win Big” incentive sweepstakes for students who are vaccinated against the COVID-19.
5 SVSU students will receive a grand prize of a $1,000 scholarship! In addition, there will be weekly drawings for multiple $100 gift cards that can be used at the SVSU bookstore, campus dining, and local attractions in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
This sweepstakes runs from August 9 to October 3 and is open to all students who have received one dose of Pfizer/Moderna or one dose of Johnson & Johnson. IMPORTANT: After receiving the second vaccine dose, please re-upload your proof of vaccination card at svsu.edu/nestplanstudents.
We need your help to keep our Cardinal community safe, so we strongly encourage students to get vaccinated before they return to campus for classes this fall.
How to Register
Students can quickly and conveniently upload vaccination cards or other types of vaccination documentation using the link below. If you have already uploaded a copy of your vaccination card as part of the Proof of Vaccination, you are automatically entered into the drawing.
Not vaccinated yet?
Stay Informed, Stay Engaged, Stay Safe
- DAILY HEALTH SELF-SCREENING
- MASKS / FACE COVERINGS
- PHYSICAL / SOCIAL DISTANCING
- HAND WASHING / SANITIZING
- BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS
The primary emphasis of the SVSU experience has always been, and will always be, on student success.
— Donald J. Bachand
NEST Info Line