Meal Plans & Campus Dining
Dining at SVSU offers a wide array of options with a range of hours to fit almost any schedule and any gathering of friends. The largest dining facility on campus is the Marketplace at Doan, an all-you-care-to-eat restaurant featuring eight stations ranging from a Mongolian grill and salad bar to a bakery and pizza station. The Marketplace at Doan accepts cash and credit cards, however, using a meal plan is the most economical and efficient way to dine there. All freshmen living on campus must have a meal plan, and all students are welcome to purchase one.
Meal Plans Include Two Components
1 - Meals in the Marketplace at Doan
- Meal swipes can only be used at the Marketplace at Doan and are available in either a weekly allotment or a semester block.
- Swipes in a block plan (meals per semester) roll over from week to week and from fall to winter but must be spent in the winter semester. Swipes in a combination plan (weekly swipes) do not roll over week to week, rather, they reload on Sunday.
- Meal Plan options are designed for both students living on campus, utilizing dining more regularly and those who choose to live off-campus but like the convenience of our eateries. Each time a student enters the Marketplace at Doan, one meal is deducted from their plan.
2 - Declining Balance (DB)
- Declining Balance functions like a dining debit card and can be used at any on-campus retail locations, including Starbucks, Subway, Papa John’s, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Panda Express, Cardinal Cafe, and our two convenience stores. Declining Balance can also be used at the Marketplace at Doan.
- Declining balance dollars (DBs) roll over week to week and from fall to winter semesters. DBs must be expended in the winter semester.
From Starbucks and Subway to Panda Express and more—the options are limitless!
Curtiss Hall 122