The Honors Program at SVSU admits those students who can successfully complete the program in a timely manner. The Program has admitted Freshmen, transfer students, and continuing students. The process for admission to Honors is listed below.
Basic Honors eligibility:
- Have a 3.7 or higher GPA and at least a 28 composite ACT score
- Rank 1st or 2nd in their graduating class and have at least a 24 composite ACT
- Apply to the Honors Program
- A confidential letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your high school or dual enrollment institution.
- An initial interview with the Chair of Honors or an Honors Committee member on specially designated days.
- An essay of 1000 words explaining how an Honors experience will help you to achieve your life goals.
- For full consideration all application materials must be received no later than two weeks following your interview day. Interview days are scheduled by the office of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer students with honors course credit may transfer up to three honors credits to the program with approval of the chair.
Dr. Rich, Honors Program Chair
Saginaw Valley State University
Science East 164
University Center, MI 48710
To learn more about the Honors Program, please contact Dr. Rich at 989-964-4317 or email@example.com.