YOU CAN GET AN MS-CSIS
✓ Lowest tuition in Michigan
✓ Fast-Track Program
✓ Flexible program designed around you
Master of Science in Computer Science & Information Systems (MS-CSIS) Admission Requirements
» View the complete list of requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, or a closely related field.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher, in the most recent 60 credits. Students with GPAs lower than 3.0 may submit a statement of petition to be considered for admission.
- Submission of completed online application
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation. This is waived for undergraduates of the SVSU Computer Science or Computer Information Systems programs.
International students must also provide:
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. A score of 550 or higher on the written TOEFL or a score of 79 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL OR an overall score of band 6.5 on the IELTS or a score of 56 or higher on PTE is required.
- Evidence of Financial Support
Fast-Track Courses for Non-Computer Science / Information Technology Bachelor Degree Graduates
Applicants without an earned bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, or a closely related field, will be subject to complete up to five fast track/foundation courses at SVSU.
- CS116 - Computer Programming I or equivalent
- CS 216 - Computer Programming II or equivalent
- CS401 (or CIS201) - Computer Networks or equivalent
- CS245 - Statistics or equivalent
- MATH138 or MATH145 - College Algebra or Higher
Fast-track candidates must contact the program coordinator to examine previous coursework and background to determine which fast-track courses will be required before potential admission to the MS-CSIS program.
Select graduate credits earned for coursework from a recognized institution may be able to be transferred to the program. A maximum of nine graduate credit hours would be allowed to be transferred from previous institutions. Transfer students should plan on meeting with the program coordinator to discuss potential credit transfers.