STEP 1 - Before you can apply for admission to the Teacher Education program, you must be admitted to the University. If you have not applied and been admitted to the University, please visit one of the following sites:
STEP 2 – Elementary and secondary undergraduate pre-education students must attend a mandatory Pre-Education Seminar prior to applying to the Teacher Education Program (TEP). Questions can be directed to the Office of Admissions & Certification at 989-964-4057, option #1.
UPCOMING PRE-EDUCATION SEMINAR DATES:
- New Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., Alumni Lounge
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., Gilbertson Hall, GS 114
- Monday, March 14, 2016, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., Curtiss Hall, C140
- Friday, April 8, 2016, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m., Gilbertson Hall, GS 117
- Friday, May 13, 2016, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m., Alumni Lounge
STEP 3 - Students must apply and be accepted into the Teacher Education Program prior to enrollment in 300-400 level professional studies courses. Applications are accepted by the College of Education in September to begin the program the following Winter Semester and in January to begin the program the following Fall Semester.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES:
- Applications MUST be submitted through Tk20. Click here for the TEP Tk20 Application Instructions (294kB). The application will be open in Tk20 Monday, December 14, 2015 through Wednesday, January 13, 2016 for those wishing to start the Professional Studies (methods) sequence Fall Semester, 2016. The electronic application will close at 5:00 p.m. on January 13th and no additional revisions will be allowed afterwards.
- Starting Monday, January 4th, applicants must schedule an appointment by Friday, January 15th to have their application materials reviewed with Anne Reittenbach in the College of Education Dean's Office. Applicants will set up an appointment for their interview and to have their fingerprinting done at the time of the review. Scheduled appointments will be held Tuesday, January 19 through Friday, January 22. To schedule an appointment, you may stop in to the College of Education Dean's Office located on the 2nd floor of Gilbertson Hall or you may call 989-964-4646. The review of the application materials will take approximately 10-15 minutes. Please note: The application must be fully completed prior to the scheduled appointment. Official transcripts from all former institutions (submitted in a sealed envelope by that institution) must be submitted during the scheduled appointment. Please DO NOT submit transcripts PRIOR to your scheduled appointment.
Elementary Education Majors
Secondary Education Majors