STEP 1 - Before you can apply for admission to the Teacher Education program, you must be admitted to the University. If you have not applied and been admitted to the University, please visit one of the following sites:
STEP 2 – Elementary and secondary undergraduate pre-education students must attend a mandatory Pre-Education Seminar prior to applying to the Teacher Education Program (TEP). Questions can be directed to the Office of Admissions & Certification at 989-964-4057, option #1.
UPCOMING PRE-EDUCATION SEMINAR DATES:
- Tuesday, October 20, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m., Gilbertson Hall, GS 115
- Tuesday, November 10, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., Alumni Lounge
- Friday, December 11, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m., Gilbertson Hall, GS 113
STEP 3 - Students must apply and be accepted into the Teacher Education Program prior to enrollment in 300-400 level professional studies courses. Applications are accepted by the College of Education in September to begin the program the following Winter Semester and in January to begin the program the following Fall Semester.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES:
- Applications MUST be submitted through Tk20. Click here for the TEP Tk20 Application Instructions (294kB). The application will be open in Tk20 Friday, August 28, 2015 through Friday, September 11, 2015 for those wishing to start the Professional Studies (methods) sequence Winter Semester, 2016. The electronic application will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 11th and no additional revisions will be allowed afterwards.
- Beginning August 28th, applicants must schedule an appointment by Friday, September 11th to have their application materials reviewed and to set up an interview. Scheduled appointments will be held Monday, September 14 through Friday, September 18. To schedule an appointment, please call 989-964-4057 (option #1). The review of the application materials will take approximately 10-15 minutes. Please note: The application must be fully completed prior to the scheduled appointment. Official transcripts from all former institutions (submitted in a sealed envelope by that institution) must be submitted during the scheduled appointment. Please DO NOT submit transcripts PRIOR to your scheduled appointment.
Elementary Education Majors
Secondary Education Majors