A. It is an easy new way to capture short 30-60 second selfie-style videos about SVSU from any where in the world.
A. All Cardinals are welcome to share a story including students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of SVSU.
A. There are a few ways to do so.
- Visit svsu.edu/cardinaltales on your phone or computer and click SUBMIT A STORY
- You may pre-record a video and upload to the site or capture a video right from the web page.
- If you would like a higher quality video contact UCOMM for an appointment in the SVSU studio.
A. All approved videos by UCOMM will be posted to the Cardinal Tales site. The submitter of the video will receive an email that it was approved.
A. No. If your video doesn’t get approved, it may be too long, have a problem with sound or a technical difficulty.
If this happens the submitter will receive an email and be encouraged to resubmit.
A. You should;
- Go to a quiet location and turn your face towards a window or at a light so you are not in the shadows.
- Choose one topic and talk for 30-60 seconds — shorter videos tend to get watched more.
A. Ask specific questions that are leading. Remind them to keep it to 30-60 seconds. Examples include:
- “tell me about your research project?”
- “what has made SVSU feel like home to you?”
- “what most prepared you at SVSU for your career today?”
- “what was it that made you most want to apply to SVSU and become a Cardinal?”
A. After your video appears on the Cardinal Tales page you can share it to your social media outlets directly from svsu.edu/cardinaltales or from SVSU’s YouTube Channel. You may also embed it in your webpage.
A. Contact the Director of Creative Services at 989.964.4056