Published annually, Writing@SVSU offers a sample of some of the good writing produced at SVSU every year. In these issues, you’ll find the following:
- Excerpts of some of the winners of various writing university contests, events, and scholarships sponsored by SVSU
- Profiles of the editors of our student publications, Cardinal Sins and The Valley Vanguard
- Profiles of students from each of our colleges who have found success through writing
- Essays by faculty members who have been awarded some of SVSU’s highest honors, such as the Warrick and Landee Award
- Pieces by the talented creative writers who visit campus
- Writing produced by members of the larger community who have attended writing-oriented events connected to the university
Funded by the Office of the Dean of Arts and Behavioral Arts and Sciences, Writing@SVSU is produced by staff of the SVSU Writing Center; Dr. Chris Giroux, the Writing Center’s Assistant Director, serves as the faculty editor, and Writing Center tutors serve as assistant editors. Questions or comments about the publication? Contact Dr. Giroux at email@example.com or (989) 964-7228.