Why visit the SVSU Writing Center?
The Writing Center is dedicated to developing the writer, not just improving the document. We focus on improving the writer's understanding of his/her writing process. If you want help with any area of your writing, bring your current draft into the Writing Center.
Our mentors come from a variety of academic disciplines and writing backgrounds; all have been trained in peer mentoring methods.
We can help you:
- Brainstorm ideas
- Understand assignments and plan responses
- Learn effective organizational techniques
- Learn to use APA and MLA formats
- Improve your writing and language skills if English is not your native language
- Identify grammar errors and learn strategies for correcting them
- Expand your approaches to creative writing projects
- Grow as a writer and critical thinker.
We are not:
- The fix-it shop for all your grammar errors
- A guarantee that your grade on this paper will improve
- A proofreading or editing service.