Contact Us
(989) 964-2462
(989) 964-6095

Director, Military Student Affairs

Denise M. Berry

School Certifying Official

Kathy Krull


Curtiss 121

Veterans Affairs Student Liaisons
Brad Nagy, US Navy Veteran
Lisa Balderstone, US Air Force Dependent
Jose Rodriguez, US Navy Veteran


8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Or by appt.

How to Apply for Educational Benefits

RTEmagicC_united_for_web_03 All applications can be found at the GI Bill Education Forms website.

IMPORTANT: Please retain a copy for your SVSU file.

  • Chapters 30, 33, 1606, 1607 -Choose form number 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits)
  • Chapter 35 -Choose form number 22-5490 (Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance)
  • Chapter 31 -Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at (800) 827-1000.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring either to or from Saginaw Valley State University and are already receiving your benefits you need to fill out a Change of Program or Place of Training form, (22-1995 for Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 recipients) (22-5495 for Chapter 35 recipients).