UGRP Student Showcase Awards
The Undergraduate Research Program (UGRP) student showcase awards are designed to recognize students who have displayed superior work at the SVSU Student Showcase. A committee of individuals will observe all of the student entries on the day of the SVSU Student Showcase and one submission from each category (e.g., poster, presentation, panel, etc.) will be selected. The recipients will be honored at the end of the SVSU Student Showcase and will receive a monetary award of $100.
UGRP Faculty Mentor Award
Previous Award Winners
The Undergraduate Research Program (UGRP) faculty mentor award is designed to annually recognize one faculty member who has gone above and beyond to support undergraduate students’ participation in research. If your faculty mentor has been exceptional and you would like the opportunity to offer a special thank you, please consider nominating him/her for this distinctive award. The faculty recipient of this award will be publicly recognized at the university-wide Student Showcase and the University Awards Banquet and will receive a monetary award of $1,000.
- The SVSU faculty member must have served as a mentor for a SVSU UGRP faculty-led or student-led grant during the current academic calendar year (2018-2019).
- The SVSU faculty member’s student nominator must be presenting his/her research at the current SVSU Student Showcase.
- The mentor must have a full-time faculty appointment.
- A nominee may receive this award only once during his/her tenure at SVSU.
- Nominations for this award are due Monday, March 25, 2019.
- Nominations should be submitted through survey gizmo. Click on the following link:
- The onlineform will ask nominatorsto answer the following question (responses should be uploadedas a word attachment. Responses are limited to 1000 words).
- Why does your faculty mentor deserve this award?
- In what capacity did your mentor assist in your research?
- How has your mentor enhance your research experience?
- What did your mentor do to build a strong mentor/mentee relationship?
- Nominated faculty will be notified and asked to provide additional information.
- Faculty nominees should provide information no later than Monday, April 1, 2019
- Information should be submitted through survey gizmo.
- Information provided by faculty mentor should include:
- Curriculum Vita (highlighting experiences mentoring students)
- Mentorship philosophy (limited to 1000 words)