A photo ID (student ID, state ID, or driver's license) must be presented each time a student enters the testing situation. Only original hard copy IDs are acceptable.
Placement Testing Scheduling
Placement tests are scheduled via Academic Advising or by contacting The Testing Center at SVSU via email at email@example.com or by calling 989-964-2820. International Students may be registered through the English Language Program or International Programs. There will be no walk-in testing, no on demand testing, and no same day testing.
Cancellation Policy (for Placement Testing)
Any student who is fifteen minutes late for testing must reschedule to take their exam at another time. Please see "Placement Testing Scheduling." In the case of the campus closing due to severe weather, students should contact the Testing Center the next day the Center is open to reschedule their exam.
Items not allowed at the testing site
- Electronic Devices (all phones, iPads, computers, smart watches, Fitbits, etc.) must be stored away from the space where testing will occur and powered down.
- Books, papers, or notes unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
- Backpacks, purses, and/or bags of any kind.
- Pencils or pens.
- Outerwear with pockets (coats, sweaters, vests, jackets)
- Hats, caps, and hoods.
- Non-prescription sunglasses.
- Headphones or ear buds.
- Children or outside visitors.
- Food or beverages.
- All prohibited items must be stored in an assigned locker.
- All technology should be removed from pockets and powered down.
- Scratch paper, pencils, and calculators will be supplied by the Testing Center.
- Approved/required calculators must by designated by the professor and supplied by the Center.
- Students found guilty of any violation of academic integrity are subject to disciplinary action. Information regarding academic honesty can be found at: