Placement tests are scheduled by using The Testing Center at SVSU's RegisterBlast website or by calling 989-964-2820. International Students may be registered through the English Language Program or International Programs. Students need to register for a time to take their exam as there are no walk-ins for testing, no on demand testing, and no same day testing. Per Accuplacer, the company that provides SVSU's placement exams, it is recommended that students give themselves at least one week of study time per subject for each test they wish to take; please see the Accuplacer study app to prepare or visit the Math and Physics Resource Center located on the second floor of the Zahnow Library. Students taking any placement tests are subject to the rules of the Center and must read these before arrival.
Basic Information on Testing
- With the exception of the Writing Placement Test, all other placement tests are untimed, but test takers should allow at least 1.5 hours to complete their exam.
- All test takers will be asked to show a picture ID before they take the placement test; those without an ID will not be allowed to take their exam.
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes before their exam begins to complete the registration process.
- The Testing Administrator will provide test takers with all materials needed to take their exam; no outside calculators, writing utensils, paper, or electronic devices will be permitted.
- While you should not cram for the test to avoid placing too high, it is a good idea to review before the test so that you are not placed too low. You are unlikely to improve your placement unless you do some kind of preparation or review. For more information or for a test study guide, go to Accuplacer.
Types of Placement Tests