1. Standards of excellence: SVSU carries some of the highest accreditations for its academic programs, such as our College of Business and Management is accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (www.aacsb.edu), and our computer engineering, electrical engineering, industrial technology education certification, and our electrical engineering and mechanical engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET ( www.abet.org ).
2. With an average undergraduate class size of 24, students learn in small groups, with a great deal of direct teacher-to-student and student to-student interaction.
3. SVSU’s campus is modern, compact, clean and state-of-the-art: 70% of the campus has been constructed in the past 15 years. Further it is safe, pleasant and an excellent environment for pursuing your academic goals while interacting with new people.
4. SVSU’s on campus housing was voted as“best in state” by Michigan Organization of Residence Halls Association.
5. No classes are taught by teaching assistants.Classes are taught directly by the professors or terminal-degree holding teachers themselves.This means direct interaction with your instructor on a regular basis.
6. SVSU offers all its students outstanding support through its “Help” centers: Technology, writing,and math-services are available at no charge to our students. Our Office of International Programs also offers free assistance to our international students with everything from advising, visa assistance, registration, payment sand many other services.
7. Value: SVSU’s tuition and scholarships are highly competitive, offering students of excellence the opportunity to pursue a high quality education.
8. 10,500 students are enrolled at SVSU. This makes the university large enough to offer all of the amenities and benefits of a U.S. university,while being small enough for our students to feel a part of the collegiate community.
9. Recreational facilities and athletic opportunities are excellent.
10. SVSU offers five colleges: Arts & Behavioral Sciences, Business & Management, Education, Health and Human Services, and Science, Engineering & Technology.
11. SVSU is one of fifteen public universities in the state of Michigan.