STEP 1 - Before you can apply for admission to the Teacher Education program, you must be admitted to the University. If you have not applied and been admitted to the University, please visit one of the following sites:
STEP 2 – Elementary and secondary undergraduate pre-education students must attend a mandatory Pre-Education Seminar prior to applying to the Teacher Education Program (TEP). Questions can be directed to the Office of Admissions & Certification at 989-964-4057, option #1.
UPCOMING PRE-EDUCATION SEMINAR DATES:
- Wednesday, September 10, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Room EA 114
- Monday, September 15, 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Room ES 212
- Monday, October 13, 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., Alumni Lounge
- Friday, November 7, 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Brown Hall, Room 112
- Monday, December 1, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Regional Education Center, Room EA 214
STEP 3 - Students must apply and be accepted into the Teacher Education Program prior to enrollment in 300-400 level professional studies courses. Applications are accepted by the College of Education in September to begin the program the following Winter Semester and in January to begin the program the following Fall Semester.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES:
- Applications MUST be submitted through Tk20. Click here for the Tk20 Application Instructions (299kB). The application will be open in Tk20 Monday, August 18 through Friday, September 12 for those wishing to start the Professional Studies (methods) sequence Winter Semester, 2015. The electronic application will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 12 and no additional revisions will be allowed afterwards.
- Applicants must schedule an appointment for their application to be reviewed and to set up an interview Monday, September 15 through Friday, September 19. To schedule an appointment, please call 989-964-4057 (option #1). The interview will take approximately 10-15 minutes. Please note: The application must be fully completed prior to the scheduled appointment. Official transcripts from all former institutions (submitted in a sealed envelope by that institution) must be submitted during the scheduled appointment. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS PRIOR TO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
Elementary Education Majors
Secondary Education Majors