Steps to Express Orientation
Step 1: Login and Complete your Online Express Orientation Module
- Login to the mySVSU portal at my.svsu.edu using your SVSU username and password
- Select “Canvas” from the Applications Menu
- Enter your SVSU username and password to enter the site
- Click the Courses button, and select 18/WI Express Orientation
- Select the first module “Introduction” to get started!
- When you have completed all the modules, we will be notified. Please complete step 2 and submit your orientation fee to continue forward.
Step 2: Submit your $50 Orientation Fee
- Prior to scheduling your registration appointment, you will need to submit your non-refundable $50 orientation fee.
- In the SVSU Portal, select “Students” under the Self Service (Cardinal Direct) Menu.
- From there, select “My Financial Account” and then “Make a Payment”
- A new window will open for CashNet. Select “Orientation Registration Fee” and follow the steps to complete the transaction.
Step 3: Register for your Advising Session
- Once you have submitted your payment, return to the "Students" tab and select the "New Students Next Steps" tab. Then select "Orientation Registration"
- Select your preferred date and time from the available options, and click Submit! You will receive a confirmation email with full details (including a parking pass) to both your SVSU email and the email provided on your application shortly.
Please contact us at 989-964-4070 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you need assistance. See you on campus soon!
Important Financial Aid Information
All students are strongly encouraged to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ASAP for the 2016-17 academic year. SVSU has no deadline for applying for aid, but we encourage students to apply as early as possible. You can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . The FAFSA must be completed every year to determine a student's eligibility for aid.
Apply for U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN) by visiting www.pin.ed.gov . Both you and your parents can apply for a PIN and use it to electronically sign your FAFSA form, thus making the application process simpler and faster. These PIN numbers can be used every year and your parents only need one PIN for all their children.
When completing your FAFSA, be sure to include SVSU's federal institutional code: 002314. In order to have your FAFSA information sent to Saginaw Valley you will need to list our code in the first line of Step 6 on the FAFSA form.
For more information regarding the financial aid process, scholarship opportunities, and cost of attendance information please visit our web site at www.svsu.edu/financialaid.
Students will have an opportunity to meet with financial aid advisors when you are on campus for your registration appointment, but we encourage students to plan ahead and make an appointment with a financial aid advisor by calling 989.964.4900.