Are you enthusiastic, positive, and looking for a meaningful job that can also be a lot of fun? We are searching for a staff of knowledgeable, friendly Student Orientation Leaders to help new Cardinals and families in their transition to SVSU!
- Sharing your SVSU experience and Red Pride!
- Facilitating group interactions and guiding students through scheduled orientation activities!
- Assisting parents and family members at Parent Orientation.
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures.
- Assisting with the online course registration process.
- Participating with and supporting fellow Student Orientation Leaders as part of a diverse team.
- Attending the full 4-day Orientation Leader Training/Retreat (including overnight).
- Gain leadership experience!
- Improve your group and individual communication skills!
- Develop professional relationships with faculty, staff, & other students!
- Meet new people, and make a difference in a new college student’s life!
- Earn income while working with an amazing team of Leaders!
- Must be currently enrolled, with minimum of 12 credit hours earned at SVSU.
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative SVSU GPA.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus organizations and activities.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about SVSU.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge of the mySVSU portal registration process, and ability to troubleshoot if needed.
- Availability to attend the full 4-day Training/Retreat including overnight stays from May 2nd-5th, and most orientation programs (dates listed below).
2016 SOAR Events:
Tuesday, May 17
Thursday, May 26
Friday, June 3
Wednesday, June 8
Tuesday, June 14
Friday, June 17
Thursday, June 23
Wednesday, July 20
Tuesday, August 16
Stop by one of our Info Night events! Ask questions, meet current Leaders, and compete to win great prizes!
We will also be at the Summer Job & Internship Fair on January 26th from 11 am - 1 pm in the Rotunda!
Apply online and submit your resume via the Cardinal Career Network beginning on Monday, January 25th. Completed applications will include your resume, a cover letter, and your written responses to the following prompts (1 total typewritten page or less):
All application materials must be submitted on the Cardinal Career Network no later than Friday, February 26th.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-964-4070!