5.2-7 INSURANCE POLICY REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTRACTORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ON THE PREMISES OF SVSU
Certificates of Insurance
Certificates of Insurance evidencing the following coverages must be forwarded to the SVSU Director of Business Services prior to admittance to the premises. The certificate should be mailed to:
Director of Business Services
Saginaw Valley State University
South Campus Complex A
University Center, Michigan 48710
Faxed to: (989) 790-1280
- The contractor or service provider agrees to procure and maintain, at its own expense, public liability and property damage insurance including premises and operations, product liability, completed operations liability, contractual liability and broad form property damage liability with minimum limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- The contractor or service provider shall procure and maintain, at its own expense, automobile liability for all trucks, trailers or other motor vehicles owned, hired, operated or used by the contractor or service provider on SVSU premises with minimum limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- The contractor or service provider shall provide workers' compensation for all of its full-time and part-time employees in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan.
- The contractor or service provider may be required to provide higher limits and/or additional lines of insurance in accordance with the type of service provided. SVSU may allow lower limits depending upon the service provided with the approval of the Director of Business Services or the Vice President for Administration and Business Affairs.
The certificate must reflect the following detail to be acceptable:
- The certificate(s) must name Saginaw Valley State University as the Certificate Holder.
- The certificate(s) must name Saginaw Valley State University as an additional insured, with the exception of workers' compensation.
- The policy period is current for the dates indicated for the scheduled activity.
- When applicable, the dates of the activity must be listed in the description portion of the insurance certificate.
- The cancellation portion of the certificate must include a 30-day written notice requirement for cancellation.
The contractor or service provider agrees to forward immediately to the SVSU Director of Business Services renewal certificates of insurance should any of the insurance coverage evidenced expire during the term of the contract.
Any contractor or service provider providing goods or services to SVSU agrees to indemnify and hold SVSU, its Board, employees and contractors harmless from all liability, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with breach of contractor's or service provider's obligations to SVSU, or the negligent or wrongful acts or omissions of the contractor or service provider, its employees or contractors.
This indemnity provision shall survive termination of any contract between SVSU and contractor or service provider; shall be governed by Michigan law, without regard to principles of conflict of laws; and may be enforced in the State and Federal courts of Michigan.
Adopted 5/05/06 BC
Revised 10/13/08 BC